,
Message sent from:

St Benedict's Catholic Church

stbenedict church

St Benedict's Church is an active Roman Catholic church in the Orford suburb of Warrington, Cheshire, England. The parish was founded by Benedictine monks from Ampleforth Abbey. However, it is now served by clergy from the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Liverpool.

The High Altar was consecrated on 27 February 1927 by Archbishop Frederick Keating and had been built by Italian workmen. In 1965 a social club was built adjacent to the church.

The last Benedictine Parish Priest was Fr Augustine Measures O.S.B as the Abbot of Ampleforth Abbey surrendered the parish to the Archbishop of Liverpool in Easter 1986.

A new school building was built in 1991 and the former school and Bell Hall had been demolished by 1993. On 1st May 2018, St.Benedict's became part of one new combined parish called Blessed James Bell which also incorporates the former parishes of St Mary's and St Oswald's in Warrington.

Father Dave Heywood is the current Parish Priest.

St Benedicts's Catholic Church
Rhodes Street
Warrington, Cheshire
WA2 7QE
Telephone: 01925 630127
stbenedicts.warrington@rcaolp.co.uk

Fr Dave Heywood, Email: frdave@rcaolp.co.uk

X
Hit enter to search